Adds

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Grilled Watermelon

This will be a quick entry. I was at a farm mar-ket in Upper Arligton, Ohio and I saw something I had only heard about until today...grilled watermelon!?! Get your grill (real charcoal, hopefully not propane, but your call), while coals are getting hot cut your watermelon into wedges, get some local honey, a couple of limes cut into wedges, sea salt(kosher is fine), and some cayenne pepper in a shaker. Season both sides of the melon with salt and cayenne, sqeeze limes on both sides and lay on your lightly oiled grill rack. Grill two minutes and turn, brush grilled side with honey, let grill two more minutes, and pull from the grill and plate..if you wanted to be more decadent add a scoop of vanilla ice cream...but for me simple as possible. I fell in love with this dish instantly and so will you...maybe even try with honeydew or canteloupe....enjoy and until next time...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: